Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Monday, July 21, 2008

Just Me

I've kind of been on a little bit of a low since my parents left. I miss them so much. I know you're probably sick of me saying that. On another note, we had a great weekend, it was very productive. Levi did a lot with the yard. I've been catching up on laundry getting ready for Caitlin & Brendai to get here tomorrow. Sunday was awesome at church, we had 57 again...woohoo!!! Very exciting. We move into the movie theatre in 2 weeks....again very exciting for us. Jonathan preached on Sunday which was nice. It gave Levi a break and let Jonathan experience preaching. He did a good job. The series we're in is Upside Down God. Be last to be first, be weak to be strong, etc. He talked about how we should share our burdens instead of having to act like we have it all together. It was good. In the past 2 days, I've talked to 2 or 3 people that are just going through it with relationships or situations that just suck. My heart just aches for them. I hate that. I wish we had some guarantee as Christians that life would be smooth sailing. I think back to the last year and how hard it has been for me, feeling alone, feeling distrust that we were even supposed to be here, feeling financially strapped paying 2 mortgages, feeling distanced from Levi in the midst of the junk he was feeling too, there was so much crap, I couldn't see straight. And then God began doing awesome things. Some of them were tangible but some of them were in our hearts. We began praying and fasting (which I should totally do more of). We did see God come in a way, we never have experienced before. I had an unnaural trust that God would take care of us. Sometimes I wonder why we went through that. I don't know if this is true but I think that now, when someone shares their struggles, whether it be financial, relational, or whatever, I can relate to it on a deeper level because I've felt that desperation. I have compassion where before I tended to be a bit more judgemental. I'm glad for that. I still struggle with worry and I struggle with keeping in daily communication with God. It's like I expect Him to take care of me but I don't read the Word and talk to Him like I should. The crazy thing is, He's still right there waiting for me. I love that about Him, who else in the world would do that?? Noone! So, my challenge for myself this week is going to be to be in the Word and to get a plan for fasting. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts and thanks for reading! It's late, I'm hitting the hay!

No comments: