Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Carpet

Well, our carpet has arrived. I missed all the calls so I have to call on Monday to find out exactly when they can install it. When we moved here, a year ago, the only thing I wanted so badly was carpet. However, we couldn't even think about that with two mortgages. So, a year later, after we've sold our house, carpet is the number one priority. I am so thankful. I was budget mindful in choosing so we did really great on our price. We're carpeting the bedrooms. We've decided we're going to do laminate in the playroom and Levi's office. I'm so excited! Tonight, Levi told me he felt bad that I've had to wait a year for carpet. I tried not to be a brat about that demand a year ago. I realize that my choice to be a stay at home mom requires some sacrifices. We have old cars, we only buy off sale and clearance racks, we budget very well (because we have to). But you know what, we're all fed (and could stand to lose a few), my kids have all of their needs met and more. We get what we need and a lot of what we want. I'm happy. I'm secure where I am in my life as a person, a wife, and a mom. I feel good where I am. I don't mean that to sound haughty or arrogant, quite the opposite. I'm humbled daily by how God takes care and provides for us. I've survived with the carpet we've had. I'm okay with having to wait a year for carpet. And, I'll have to wait a couple of months for the laminate. Then after that, I'll have to wait a few months for a new fence. Then, a few months to get our tile SUPER cleaned (or we might venture out trying to rent the machine and do it ourselves.). That's my list of priorities:) I'm okay with waiting. For me, the waiting makes it so much worth the wait. I'm so excited and grateful for this carpet, a bit anxious at the same time. It's like paint, you never know how it will look. That little swatch doesn't do it justice.

I feel like in our society, we get what we want when we want it without regard to anything else. I must admit, a year ago, I so badly wanted carpet and I was embarrassed about the carpet we have. How selfish of me...I don't want to live in want or feel inadequate because of material possessions. I am where I want to be. I wouldn't trade being with my kids for any amount of money. I realize teachers do pretty well in Texas but in the other states I've taught in, it's not been so great. I wouldn't trade that either. I feel like I was a good teacher and I loved on those kids that were in my classes. I don't want to be led or guided by money. It has been amazing to see how God has blessed and provided for us in this past year without very much money. I know He will continue to take care of us. I want to be a giver. I see even more clearly how we should give, give, give...not just money but time, possessions, ourselves, energy, etc. I want my kids to learn that. I want them to give and know the joy and fulfillment in giving.

I just reread this blog. My brain goes and my hands follow. It's kind of random thoughts.

On another side note: I am going to the Women of Faith Conference later in August. I've gone before and my sister and mom go every year. It's been a few years since I've gone. I'm going. I invited the ladies from Catalyst, just informally, whoever wanted to go. I thought, maybe it would just be Meagan and I or maybe we'd have 4 or 5....SHUT UP!! We have 12 ladies going. Isn't that crazy??!! I'm so excited. We're going to have a girls weekend or night at least. It will be fun!! I'm super excited and glad so many of us are going.

No comments: