Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Luau

Tonight we went to a Luau that my mommy group hosted. I love it when we all get together. There was a house full and we met everybody's spouses. I am so blessed with this group. I have connected with a handful of them (I like ALL of them). I feel really comfortable with them. Last year, we did a couple's game night-kidless, and we had so much fun. I'm going to try to schedule another one of those. It was nice to be able to talk uninterrupted. We ordered in Chinese food and just laughed and played games for a few hours.

Today we relaxed. Levi had to get up early for a referree meeting, he met me at the library to pass off the kids. We went to Sams. Put the kids down for naps and headed to the Luau. It was kind of a whirlwind of a day but fun. Levi put a bunch of stuff on craigslist and we sold one of those items today. I'm back to clipping coupons. I'm trying to be frugal but also get things I need, not extras.

I had a rough evening last night. Levi had to ref so I was with the kids all day and all night. I had to tutor last night online too so it was kind of crazy. We stayed home all day too so I think I just felt cooped up. I had no patience....I hate that. I never want my kids to remember me as being impatient or rude to them. I'm glad I recognize that about myself but I need to be able to change it in the moment and sometimes that's hard.

I've done okay this week with reading my Bible but not as good as I should. The crazy thing is that I feel so much better and more peaceful when I'm in the Word. It's really kind of stupid that I don't make it more of a priority, I'm really trying to do better with that. I talked to a great friend last night for over an hour. She's one of those ladies that has the best heart and I wish we were closer. I can just tell her whatever I'm thinking and she can laugh at me or correct me and it's okay either way...I don't take offense. I know that everything that comes from her is from love and I love that.

Okay this has been one random post....

No comments: