Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Challenge

A couple of weeks ago, I put on here that I wanted to start reading my Bible more. I have failed with that. I have been inspired by a blogger friend, Rachel to read through the book of Acts and blog my journey. I am going to do that. So, today, I am reading Acts 1.

Read Acts 1

Key Verses : Acts 1:6-7 6While the apostles were still with Jesus, they asked him, "Lord, are you now going to give Israel its own king again?" [a] 7Jesus said to them, "You don't need to know the time of those events that only the Father controls.

My Reflection: In reading this, verses 6 and 7 stuck out because I want to ask questions and get answers. I want to know what I'm getting into, for how long, what it will entail, etc etc etc. For me that is a want for control. I want to be in control and that's not how life works, especially life with Christ. He is in control and I have to submit to His leading and guiding. That is so hard for me. I also didn't realize that the disciples cast lots to see who would replace Judas as Disciple #12. I wonder why they didn't let Joseph & Matthias be disciples.

My Prayer: My prayer today is to let God be in complete control and for me to trust without having to be "in the know." I was humbled today by a friend and I'm thankful she has a tender heart. I want to be that way. I want to think of others and put them first. I'm not always that way. God, change my heart daily to have a heart like Your's. God, touch my friend Mary and her family right now. It doesn't look good for them. I pray that you would come close to them and let them feel you like they've never felt you before. Thank you for Your Word, Your love, and Your forgiveness and grace. Amen!

By the way, if any of you want to join me going through Acts, come on:)

No comments: