Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Catch Up

This week has been good...okay so it's been okay...I've been in a pretty funky mood ALL week...seriously. Maybe that's just life or maybe things are just getting to me but it's been bad. We've kept busy and maybe that's part of it, maybe I just need to chill out and not go so much. It's like the crazy, jam packed weeks are together. This coming week is a little more laid back. We're going to try to go to the Arboretum on Tuesday but that's it as far as play dates. I'm trying to get to the gym at least 3 times this week but I would love to go 4 times a week. I'm doing pretty good with my "Couch Potato to 5K" training plan. I really hoped for a significant weight loss but as of now...nothing to report. I know it takes time. I am trying to make better food choices too. It's so hard.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'm feeling guilty for being short and impatient with Addy all week. She's such a sweetie...she's definitely coming into her own. She wants to be so independent. She's started some behaviors with Keegan that I definitely want to nip in the bud. At the same time, Keegan is so rough with her and he's started biting. It's really random though, we've gone like 3 days without him doing it, I hope it's just a phase. He has never connected...Levi and I have always been there to intercept. I am amazed daily at how different my two babies are from each other. Addy is so petite and girly. Keegan is a rough and tumble boy. Addy was always content to play by herself and do her own thing. She loved being with other people. Keegan wants me right there most of the time and cries when I leave him. Addy was never physical as far as hitting, biting, head butting, etc. Keegan can be fierce. I definitely have my work cut out for me with both of them just in very different ways. I'm so thankful for them and hope I continue to learn and grow and be challenged.

I hope all of you moms have a great Mother's Day. I am so very thankful for my mom and wish I could be with her tomorrow...maybe that's part of my funk. I hate being so far away from family.

1 comment:

rachel larkin said...

hey Heather, got your response on my blog. Mike is still working as a youth pastor until the end of this month. So, his last series is entitled "Tattoo" and while he speaks the message different leaders and students who are 18 and graduating are getting tattoos. There is no group rate, and no I didn't get one myself. Maybe by the end of the series, but it's a real "longshot".

Sounds like you're doing pretty good, it's so hard to be away from family. My family is close right now, but that is all changing this summer. Happy Mothers Day, and I will keep you in my prayers!