Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Psalms

Okay so in my accountability group, we're reading through Psalms which I have really enjoyed. It's been easy to read and keep up with. Last week I didn't glean as much wisdom but this week's reading is really good. I'm reading out of The Message version of the Bible and I love it. It is so plain and I love the imagery. Anyway, it was neat to read and have so many "aha" moments. This is Psalms 51:16-17. Psalms 51 was written by David after Nathan confronted him about his affair with Bathsheba. This is from The Message.

Going through the motions doesn't please you,
a flawless performance is nothing to you.
I learned God-worship
when my pride was shattered.
Heart-shattered lives ready for love
don't for a moment escape God's notice.

How cool is that?? I love the last line, heart shattered lives ready for love don't for a moment escape God's notice. That is so cool & true. I love that it's relevant to me. I can definitely relate to going through the motions at different times in my life. I will tell you right now I am trying to be authentic and genuine about my walk. I don't have all the answers. Life isn't always easy. It sucks sometimes. I want to be true to that because I think that's what God wants. He wants us to be real with Him too. He knows us, He made us. I want to live constantly in a state of God worship no matter what state I am in. I never want to forget or take Him for granted. And the last line...dang that's awesome. We don't for a moment go unnoticed by God...how cool. Be encouraged!! Love when scripture smacks me in the face:)

No comments: