Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Random Thankful Thoughts

I'm sitting in a quiet house tonight just reflecting on my life....I have a lot to be thankful for. I love it when all of those thankful thoughts hit me during the same day.  I feel very lucky.

I love that my husband will do small tasks that mean a HUGE amount to me, like vacuuming and picking up the kitchen.

I love coming home and seeing a well manicured lawn.  He's so good at that and I'm thankful for the extra energy that he puts into it.

I love having my friend cut my hair.  She and her husband mean more to us than they will ever know, we try to tell them:)

I love meeting friends and shopping and feeling like part of their family when mine is so far away.  I love when they treat my kids like their own "grands."

I love that our neighbors who are teenagers will come hang out at our house and play with our kids.

I love that our neighbors will add a forgotten grocery item to their late night shopping list and deliver it. 

I love that our neighbors who are teenagers will ask us to borrow random food to make a dish they are craving, even when their parents tell them not to "bother" us.

I love that my kids love to sing and dance and don't care who is watching.  They love to roll the windows down and turn the music up.

More than ever before, I'm trying to savor the thankful moments that I have.  I'm reminded that time is fleeting and precious and I want to enjoy these moments.  I want to have an attitude of gratitude (cliche as it sounds). 




No comments: