Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, September 1, 2012

3 Months & a Whole Lot of Change Later.....

My bloggy skills are not what they used to be!  It's been 3 months since my last blog and a whole lot of life change.  Let me recap...the kids and I spent a few weeks in Florida (Levi was there for one of them).  We had a great time with my family.  We came back and hit the ground running.  We've had a great summer.  July got crazy busy for me.  I studied, took, and passed my two teaching exams.  I led worship for almost 2 months at church.  I began interviewing and landed a teaching job.  I completed a digital analytics job as H & L Lowry Services, LLC.  All this was within a 2 week period.  It was crazy to say the least.  Okay so now you're basically caught up on my life.

These last couple of weeks as I've re-entered the "paid" work force, I've realized a few wonderful things about my life.  My kids are champs.  They are flexible and have adapted beautifully to our life change.  Levi has been amazing.  (For those of you that know him and have heard him speak of my 7 year sabbatical, let me defend him for a second.  He actually told me as I was interviewing that if a job didn't feel right, not to accept.  Fortunately, it did fit and feel right and I'm a working woman.)

In marriage, there is give and take. And when that give and take is balanced, that makes for a sweet relationship. We are a team and I realize I fall deeper in love with him every day.  And it's not that ooey gooey mushy love stuff.  It's a strong love and care and regard.  It's the kind of love that says, "Think about Levi before yourself."  I've not always been good at that, I'm honestly still not all that good at that.  I also realize that relationships are cyclical.  It's so nice to be in a season where things are great between us and life is good.

  

No comments: