Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My K

Today started with a check up for K Man.  I knew he was going to have get a shot but didn't think it'd be 4.  That poor kid!  The nurse kind of did a sneak attach. I felt so bad when he looked at her and said, "You gave me a shot!"  Poor baby.  His legs have been really sore today.  It almost freaked me out.  I know there's lots of discussion about immunizations, etc. My kids have had low grade temps or have said the spot was sore but K was really complaining of his legs hurting.

It made me think about being a parent.  I do the best I can.  I am so not perfect and I fail a lot.  My kids trust me. They have an unconditional love for me and they forgive me so quickly.  I love that about them. I want to be more that way with them and with others, slow to anger and quick to forgive.  That's hard for me.  I am a score keeper and I build walls when I feel like I've been wronged or judged or if the relationship is too hard.  I'm working on it.

Okay, one more quick story.  We went out to eat with our small group tonight and it pays to know a Starbucks barista because after dinner (right next to a Sbux).  She ran over and got Levi a big ole' frap (low fat and decaf).  He split it with me but I drank it fast before we picked up our kids.  I was carrying K Man in and he gave me a kiss.  He stopped and got a weird look on his face and said, "Mommy, I smell a Starbucks drink in there."  SNAP, BUSTED!!  He's so stinkin' cute!!

No comments: