Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Monday, January 31, 2011

Boogers, breath, & other WAY too personal info

Got your attention didn't I?  Okay so what the heck does the title have to do with this blog?  FRIENDS!!!  What else?

I've had a couple of different situations with friends and I realize how wonderful my friends are.   Today, my two girlfriends and I started back at our life transformation group.  We've been inconsistent since Christmas so it's good to get back in the swing.  We meet at KW's house.  Our boys are quite the BFF's and it is super cute.  I was talking to her about a character flaw in myself.  I do not want to get taken advantage of or used. I'm really not sure where this comes from but it is a theme in my life.  Even with Levi in our marriage, I've struggled with that.  It's gotten better for me with him but I've noticed I do it with friends too.  And so KW and I were talking about this and she just looked me in the eye and said, "Get over it and let it go."  And she said it kind of sternly too.  We continued talking.  She said, "Heather, you have to blame." And I agreed, I do...it needs to be somebody's fault to make sense in my head.  I love that she knows me well enough to point out my faults so eloquently and that I really didn't get mad at her.  She was right and I am secure enough in her and her love for me that I was very okay with that.

Then, later today, my friend, Wonder Woman and I were chatting about some Bible reading and our response to that.  We don't see to eye on some of the stuff and definitely have strong opinions about it. I make it sound like we're constantly disagreeing...that's not it.   We don't see eye to eye on some stuff and it's great.  I can learn from her perspective and she can learn from mine.  She totally called me on one part and said, "Uhoh, did I hit the protect Levi button?" or some other fancy way of phrasing that.  And she kind of did but it was okay.  I don't have to defend him (to her at least) and she can have a differing opinion.  Again, I could talk through with her my stance and how and why I felt the way I did. She can do the same.  And it's all good.  I love that because I can gain some great insight.

I'm thankful for friends who can tell me when I have booger, when my breath stinks, and other way too personal info:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friends like that are so valuable and I am so glad you have a friend like that. You are really blessed.
Odie