Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

So much to say or not to say

This week I have felt like blogging but haven't....I've either run out of time or been exhausted.  It seems like I've had more time than normal to think.  I'm trying to be more consistent with my exercise too. I was doing so well and then kind of fell off the wagon after the first 5K. The second 5K is in November so I have to be ready for that.  I usually give myself about 30 minutes to run/jog/walk.  Last night, we had band practice at the Sprangs house.  They live 2.9 miles away. So, if I ran there, I'd have to run the whole distance.  I did it and it took me about 40 minutes.  I'm okay with that. I was just glad I finished it.

Anyway, I've thought a lot in the last couple of days.  The last week has been kind of weird.  I don't know if I would say I've struggled but I've definitely been contemplating some things.  One of those things is the idea of religiosity.  I think we can know how to live and we can know lots about God and the Bible, etc but that doesn't make us "good" Christ followers. I think we can get emotional and say the right things and even seem passionate about all of this.  The problem is that if you're not loving others and you're not influencing others, what difference does all of that knowledge and passion make?  I get aggravated at hearing people who are good hearted and well meaning but are just that.  They don't have relationships with anyone not in their "Christian" bubble or realm of influence.  They aren't building relationships with neighbors or community members or with anyone that isn't like them.  I know that might sound harsh, I don't mean it harsh I just want to always remember that for myself.  I want to constantly be seeking out people that are hungry, or thirsty, or have a need that I can fill.  I don't even necessarily mean hungry for food....maybe it's hungry for a friend or a listening ear. Hopefully that makes sense.  I think sometimes we sit in church or hear teaching or even read it in the Bible about going into the world and clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, etc etc. and it doesn't change us. We're so used to hearing it that it is just another good message but we don't put action behind it.  I want to remember that.

When we moved here, we knew NOONE!!  I had no friends.  My kids had no friends.  Levi and I were so lonely.  We had to do something.  I found a meetup group and that became my sanity.  I am still great friends with some of those women.  I realized at that point how important loving people is.  I love others because God loves me.  I want others to know why I love.  I truly had a need for people and relationships and I think that's why I had to reach out of my comfort zone.

Okay so that's all I got....hopefully you can hear my heart. I'm not trying to be judgmental or preachy or anything like that. It was just on my mind...maybe more so for myself than others;)

No comments: