Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life Update

Levi is home!!! Yeah!!!  I was so relieved to talk to him on US soil and then to see him....so happy!!  It's been pretty sobering since then.  The realization is that what he saw in Ghana was not happy and the reality that their is injustice and evil in the world should not be okay with me.  Yet, I am comfortable to live in my nice house with all of my things and my happy little family.  It's kind of weird.  He's still processing and working through all of that and probably will for a while.  I'm stoked about going to Ghana at some point.  Those kids already have my heart!

It's funny (not really) how when there's such a happy time, it seems there are other things that try to steal my joy. I hate that.  I'm working really hard not to let it.  I'm trying to rely on God and pray instead of get sucked into negativity.  That is hard to do.  I'm not very good at it.  I've definitely prayed a lot more though.

We had  a busy and great weekend as a family.  AL was in a wedding and did great.  She was quite comical.  She was beautiful.  This weekend, our friends invited us to go camping with them.  It was about an hour and a half drive so Sunday night, we loaded up and headed that way.  We got there late, just in time for a camp fire and star gazing.  The stars were absolutely beautiful.  The next morning, we got up and rode their Wave Runners, I even drove one for a bit.  We rode over to an island and swam. It was so fun. The kids loved it (and me too). It was a lot of fun.  We also got to go swimming at a camp pool that was awesome. We had it all to ourselves. It had a crazy slide in it.  AL LOVED it, LJ was not a fan.  We had a blast.  When we were leaving, Levi asked me, "Remember when we moved here and I told you that we would make friends?"  "Yeah," I said.  "I didn't think they'd be as good as the friends we have."  I totally agreed.  We are blessed.  I spent today with my friend Katy.  She taught me how to make yoga pants out of a t-shirt. I know sounds weird but they're cute.  And Friday we're going to the circus with Wonder Woman and family.  I truly am blessed with wonderful friends.  They make my life so much nicer!! I don't think nicer is a word but you know what I mean. 

  Good night!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.