Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Monday, October 19, 2009

sick

of being sick!!! It seems like everybody has been sick in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Thankfully it has NOT been the flu (knock on wood). I'm hoping we're finally over it. It's draining to take care of or be sick and still have to function. I remember when I didn't have kids, if Levi or I were sick, we canceled work and slept. Now, if I'm sick, we have to tough it out and suck it up and keep going. Wowser, I hope we're done with sickness around here.

On a more serious note, I've got a couple of friends that have children with serious illnesses or that have a serious illness themselves. It's sobering to see someone you love hurt. I truly cannot imagine what that must feel like as a parent to know that you are helpless. I think for me that is where my relationship with God would be tested, I'm just being honest. I don't know how I would get through that. I know people do and I guess you do it because you have to but man it makes my heart hurt to think about my friends who deal with it on an everyday basis. I am really trying to remember to pray for them daily and keep them fresh on my mind.

I'm reading through the book of Job and I've really struggled with the fact that God let Satan have at Job. I know that God knew that Job would be faithful. I just feel bad for Job for having to go through that. I know that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone, including Job. He just had no one when he was hurting so much and even his friends turned on him. He was so honest with God about his pain and his feeling that God was coming after him. It wasn't God, I know that, it was Satan. I don't know. I think I'm going to read some commentary on it. I know there are some who think the book of Job wasn't about a real man named "Job" but a fictional character. I'd like to read more on that. We have one more week to finish out Job so I'll write more later.

Another long & random thoughts blog....have a great Monday!

No comments: