Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thoughts

Just wanted to update on my thoughts.I think about blogging alot more than I actually do. So, I am actually sitting down waiting on my non-permanent hair color to take. My roots are killing me after that Clairol Party. I don't want to do anything permanent...I am so low maintenance. So, it's the wash out but I had to go darker because my hair is..well...get darker. I hate to write that, I wish I was still that blonde. Oh well, such is life. Today has been pretty productive so far, accountability, gym, & walmart. Levi's parents come in tomorrow night and his ordination is Thursday. I'm trying to get the house clean and stay caught up on laundry, ha that is funny!

Last week, we read Song of Solomon. It's quite interesting but brings up a lot of questions for me. Why is that included in the Bible? It is pretty sexual. I wonder if it's to demonstrate the importance of the relationship between husband and wife. Maybe it's to illustrate or show the love that God has for his people. I don't know. I'm going to try to read some commentary this week. We'll see. I've also been listening to Erwin McManus. I listened to a sermon about "Blessed are the Meek" and what that means. You know what I've never thought about? When the soldiers came for Jesus in the Garden while he was praying and Peter cut off the ear, Jesus put it back on right there. They witnessed a miracle and yet still were unchanged. Why? How could you see a man replace an ear and still believe that he was a fake? And maybe it wasn't that they thought he was a fake maybe they knew the power He truly had and thought the grave could hold him. I don't know, something to think about. The point of the message was to live life by empowering instead of overpowering. It was really good.

Hope you're having a good week. Not sure how much I'll be able to blog this week so we'll probably just catch back up over the weekend.

No comments: