Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stapled No More


Well today was the day I was dreading....we had to take Addy to the doctor to get her staples out. I've been prepping her all week. She was okay we talked about how nice doctors are, etc. We talked about getting a slurpee on the way home. We were hoping for the best. Well, the doctor got his stuff out and ready and Addy had to go to the potty. So, we went...then we got her back in there ready to go. The doctor pulled 3 staples out pretty easy. It did pull her hair but was okay, then Addy had to potty again. Well, we did and she did. So, we go back in and we all came unglued. Well, she did for sure and shortly, I had to leave the room. I can't handle hearing her scream and cry. From outside the door, I could hear her crying and the doctor and Levi talking and she calmed down. This went on for about 10 minutes. Then, the doctor comes out and says he got 6 staples out. He preceded to tell us how to take the staples out and suggested we do it while she sleeps or take her back to the ER where they could papoose her....no thanks, I'm done with papoosing. Levi tried to talk Addy into letting us pull the staples, she was not having it. So, when she was good and asleep we snuck into her room. I just watched as Levi pulled all of those staples out. She woke up once, if you even call it waking up. I was so glad...we are STAPLE FREE!! When she wakes up, she's going to think Jesus healed her. We tell her that Jesus helps her boo boos. So everyday she'll say, "Jesus is helping my boo boos, they're almost gone."

1 comment:

rachel larkin said...

oh my goodness, amazing how he did that while she slept! It's these blessings in life that sometime just keep you going. I'm so happy Addy is feeling better these days. I know what you mean when you wrote about hating to hear your little ones cry! I feel your pain on that one!