Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had a nice weekend. Thursday night we went to the circus so Friday we just tried to recuperate. Friday night we watched the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics at the Sprangs. Saturday we showed our first of 3 movies in the park. Our church is sponsoring free movies. Last night was National Treasure 2. This morning at church, Levi took a part of the movie and his sermon was based on that. Today it was that the Bible is not a book of secret but a book of treasure that is available and accessible to everyone. He talked about the importance of being in the Word. It definitely spoke to me because I struggle with that. Today we took the kids to a sprinkler park after their naps. The next 3 or 4 weekends are kind of crazy and busy. Hopefully we'll get to take some time off after this is all over.

Do you ever need a good cry and when it's all over you feel better? I'm not a big crier, I mean, I will cry at the drop of a hat if someone else cries...I'm definitely a sympathy crier. When it comes to my own stuff though, I don't cry alot. Today I had a little breakdown. I think a lot of stuff just came to a head and part of it was some sad things that are happening to a friend, part of it was my own stuff. It felt good and I'm glad I let myself do it. I probably need to do it more often. I know kind of weird.

This week should be pretty laid back. My friend Xuan goes back to work this week and I'm sad about that so we're definitely going to get some time in with them.

No comments: