Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Monday, August 11, 2008

So today I've been catching up on laundry and straightening up the house. I enjoy when we have lazy days like this, the kids play and I can get stuff done around here. We're getting ready to do a craigslist binge. We have a lot of stuff around here that needs to get gone....seriously. As I was straightening today, I noticed that we need to do that sooner rather than later. Levi and I have been working on cleaning out the van. He's going to take it and get it vacuumed out. It'll be nice to have a clean car that works. I am going to have to take it back because for some reason, the cruise control isn't working.

Anyway, so today I read Acts 4. The verse that stuck out to me was verse 29. 29
Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.

This chapter is dealing with Peter and John being brought before the Sanhedrin after healing the crippled man. They were told to stop what they were doing. The latter part was their response and the response and unity of all the believers.

I think that verse hit me because sometimes I feel like I don't speak with boldness out of fear or insecurity. I have to remember that my credibility doesn't lie in how others think about me or what they believe from others. My credibility lies in who I belong to, that is where my identity lies.

God, help me to speak with boldness. Help me help others and not worry about my image or what others think of me.

No comments: