Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Why I Blog?

So I admitted a week or so ago that I blog as a journal replacement.  If I'm completely honest, I started blogging because we were new church planters and there was so much stress and loneliness and oddness related to that, that I really needed a voice to share what I was going through.  I also wanted a voice to share my mommyhoodness and my experiences and just me.  I wanted me OWN platform to be me.  One of the bloggers that I immediately started following and have followed for a LONG time was a church planter's wife named Jennifer.  She and her husband planted on the east coast and then planted another church in Vegas.  Hello, talk about my hero.  I loved reading her honesty and I loved the fact that she appreciated what a weird breed of people church planters are. She really had a desire to help church planting wives support each other.  Did I say she was honest?  Boy was she and I love that.  I love the realness and ugliness of this job and that someone is willing to say it and not sugar coat it.  Anyway, Jen did that and I loved reading her blog.  Well, she is one busy lady and last week she wrote her final blog entry because she's got so many irons in the fire.  It made me sad when I read that. It is so nice to feel like I'm not alone in this and that is how she made me feel.  Blogging helped me stay connected with her and other planters' wives and other mommy bloggers too.   I'm thankful for my blogging voice and really am going to try to get into a better groove of writing and updating.  Thanks for reading!

No comments: