Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

So....it's been forever

since I blogged. I truly don't even remember where I left off. Life has been crazy in all ways.  We are now doing 2 services at church which is great and exciting all at the same time but also more tiresome.  We're growing and our C Group is growing and that's awesome but at the same time, change is HARD for me. I truly hate it.  Hate doesn't even seem strong enough.  Okay so this is for Andrea, that's character flow #3...Change throws me in a tizzy. 

Easter was great.  My mom, sister, and niece flew in and spent 5 days with us.  They just flew out this morning.  I love my family.  My kids adore Nana and Aunt Marshelle & of course Shelby.  They act like sisters & brothers and I'm thankful for that.  It was great.

I've been in a funk....insurance issues suck the life out of me.  I don't understand it all nor does it make sense when I think I do understand it.  I feel like I can't get a straight answer.  FRUSTRATING!!  A is going to have to have her adnoids out and a tube in.  She has slight hearing loss in one ear so hopefully the procedure will fix the issue.  But apparently, there's a waiting period for adnoidectomies...who knew?  And why?  STUPID. And why some facilities charge $2000 and others (Baylor) charges $5000 is beyond me.  Geez!! I know things work out but it sure is frustrating. 

Anyway, I'm good just working through change, frustrations, you know...life.  My co-teacher and I were talking yesterday about our lives and our issues and throughout the day, 3 or 4 other people dropped by our room and started sharing their stories. It was kind of weird how we both got the sense that we needed to put things in perspective and start praying for our coworkers and their families.  We both felt like we needed to be in the Word more and seeking God's voice for not only ourselves, but for our friends.  It was a good reminder.

As I read my devotions today and yesterday (at least I'm trying to catch up...right?), one of the Psalms started like this, "Not for my sake, no not for my sake..."  It's not for me or about me or to benefit me....I need that reminder sometimes. 

I'm going to try to be a better blogger.  Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: