Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Evening

Just recapping the last couple of days. Life is crazy and hectic and we all have so much going on. Tonight we had band practice. We're singing a song called "Healer" which has a crazy background but it's an awesome song. There's a line that says, "You are my portion." We teased a little bit about that word because it sounds like buffet language. I thought about it and I started really liking that word. What it said to me was that Jesus is the right amount at the right time. He knows what we need and He's it. I really like that song. You can check out some of the music from the Fusion site. I've been meaning to upload the youtube of our acoustic set. I really liked that week.

I've been thinking about that verse in the Bible that talks about bearing each other's burdens. That's a lot easier said than done. It's messy. It hurts. It's hard to bear a burden without taking ownership of the burden...at least for me it is. I'm trying to bear my friend's burdens. I want to be that kind of friend. I want to listen without having the answers (which is hard for me). I want to be what they need me to be but also be a Truth speaker...that sounds mystical. I just mean I want to be able to be honest and straightforward at the same time as being a compassionate listener. I hate it when my friends hurt. I want to be that friend and at the same time I want to have those kinds of people around me.

No comments: