Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catalyst

Another great Sunday at Catalyst...it was great to see the theater feel full. Levi spoke out of James and talked about being a do it yourself Christian as opposed to an as you wish Christian. Basically living life submitting to God and seeking His input in our decisions instead of having a plan and then double checking with Him...kind of like an afterthought. We got a lot of compliments on the music. I realize that I'm the kind of person if I hit a bad note or if something doesn't go right, I kind of freak out inside myself and get way off focus. I caught myself doing that today and really had to pray that God would refocus me on the words that we were singing. We had more kids today which was awesome. It was a great day!

On the way to church Addy asked me about a friend of ours. Her name is Carla and she can't speak. Addy asked me why she couldn't speak words. I told her that God made Carla that way and that she was very special. She then said, "Why would God do that?" Then she told me that wasn't very nice of God to do that. I didn't quite know how to respond. I told her that God made each of us special and different. I told her that she could pray for Carla. So in the backseat, I heard her say, "Dear God, please give Carla words to speak." I was kind of in a rush so it took me a while to process. I want my kids to always know they can talk to God about stuff they don't understand and things they don't think are nice. I want there to be an open line of communication between us (as parents) and with God. It was a cute way to start my day.

No comments: