Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Thursday, September 4, 2008

CVS


Okay so I said I was going to get back into couponing. I did this week at CVS. I've been reading a blog where the author does $5 CVS challenges. I took the challenge this week. Basically you are challenged to spend $5 in cash ONLY and see how many transactions you can do without spending anymore. You have to use their ECB (extra care bucks) which are basically gift certificates that print out on your receipt for purchasing qualifying stuff. So, I went to CVS 3 times and here's waht I bought.
Trip #1
3 Suave shampoo products $2 each (buy $6 worth and get $2 ECB)
2 Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste $2.99 each (get $2 back for each tube)

Coupons Used
Suave Buy One Get One Free -$2
Colgate - $1.50
Suave-$1
Colgate- $1

Total - $11.98 (pretax)
Coupons Used - $5.50

Total Out of Pocket - $6.73
ECB's earned- $6

Okay so I went over the $5 limit but I still did good

Trip #2
1 Febreeze Noticeables Kit - $6.99
1 Covergirl Wetslicks Lipstick - $5.99 (Earn $5.99 in ECB)

Coupons Used
Febreeze - $5
Covergirl- $1

Total - $12.98
Coupons Used- $6
ECB's Used - $6

Total out of Pocket- $1.06
ECB's earned- $5.99

Trip #3
3 Suave products $2 each (spend $6 on Suave, get $2 ECBs)
2 Dawn dish soap $0.99 each
1 Febreeze Noticeables Kit $6.99
2 Covergirl Lipsticks (buy one get one free) $9.99
Swedish Fish $0.99
Orbit Gum $1.19 (so I wouldn't have a negative total)

Coupons Used
2 Dawn Coupons ($0.50 each) - $1
Covergirl - $1
Suave- $2
Febreeze- $5
Covergirl- Buy One Get One Free- $9.99
CVS printable coupon- $2

Total- $28.15
Coupons Used- $21.99
ECB's Used - $5.99

Total Out of Pocket - $0.17
ECB's earned - $2

This was actually fun to do this week. I drive by CVS at some point almost everyday so to swing in isn't that big of a deal. So, I went over the $5 challenge. I spent $7.96 but I got $53 worth of stuff and still have 2 ECBs to use. Thought I'd pass it on to see if any of you wanted to join the challenge. The ad papers for CVS come out tomorrow so if you check out that link from above, you can see the deals and just copy them at your CVS. That's what I did. This does require getting the coupons and clipping them. It's worth it. You can also use those ECB's for milk, juice, diapers, etc...more of necessities. Good luck :)

1 comment:

Barnes Family said...

I've been trying to figure out how to do the CVS thing, but I don't think I'm that quick. I kind of understand, but still feel like it's a too good to be true thing. Ya know? Do you know Tina Rutherford from North Raleigh? Anyway, she goes in to get free diapers...I'll have to try it!