Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolve to Resolute

I try not to make resolutions...it's the whole keeping them thing that always trips me up.  So, this year, I'm just going to try to make some improvements.  So, here goes (not in any order, just as I remember them-uh oh, that's probably a bad sign if I forget one):

#1 Marital:  Levi and I (dare I say this) have talked about having one date night a week.  Granted most of those date nights will be in our own home after the kids have gone to bed.  One night a month, we're going to do some kind of marital enrichment (this is G rated people). It might be asking/answering questions about each other, watching a dvd from a marital conference, etc etc etc.  Again...G rated peeps!

#2 Spiritual:  I am going to read my Bible consistently this year.  I want to read no less than 4 times a week, preferably 5 or 6.  I have got to incorporate a quiet time where I talk and listen to God in a focused way.  I also want to pray more which I will also do in this quiet time.

#3 Physical/Health:  I want to exercise at least 4 times a week.  I carry my fat in my belly which is the worst kind of fat because it's connected to heart health.  I have no desire to be a bean pole and I'm not even setting a size or weight goal. I want to feel good in my clothes but also reduce my risk of health issues.  I want to be a good example for my kids of being active & energetic.

#4 Parental:  I want to be more patient with my kids and enjoy them and not get so hung up on my own issues.  I freak out (with varying degrees) when someone spills or breaks something or when things are messy. I don't want my kids to see me that way nor do I want them to model that behavior.  I want patience in that area.  I also want to incorporate a monthly date with our kids.  Levi & A and me & K or Levi & K and me & A.  Our kids are incredible and I want to give them one on one attention.

#5 Random:  I want to take a picture a day to document our life...random but fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A very sensible & doable list for 2011. Good luck. My primary goal is to try and carry the Christmas spirit into 2011 & try to be sensitive to the needs of others and help when I can.
Odie