Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Monday, January 3, 2011

Kroger-it's been too long;)

So, I've been out of the coupon loop for about 6 weeks.  Randomly, I got my coupon notebook out over the weekend and cleaned it out.  My notebook was almost completely expired and I had about 6 weeks worth of coupon inserts to catch up on.  So, Levi and I were watching tv and I decided to take care of it.  Now, my friend Wonder Woman had emergency surgery and got hooked on the show Extreme Couponing on TLC. She came home and was asking me about because I've been known to coupon myself;) Fortunately, I was ready to go.  Today, she called and we ventured out to Kroger together with my two kids in tow.  I hopped on the computer and found some good deals, made my list and I was good to go.  Here's what I got:
2 packs of Quaker Instant Oatmeal $1.99
1 Herbal Essence Shampoo $2.94
1 Herbal Essence Conditioner $2.94
1 Herbal Essence Mouse $2.94
1 Aussie Spray $2.94
3 Dawn Olay Hand Rejuvenating Dish Soap $2.49
1 Febreeze Set & Refresh $2.49
6 Old Spice Deoderant/Antiperspirant $2.29
2 Old Spice Body Wash $3.50
1 3lb bag of Clementines $3.99
3 Crest Toothpaste $2.50
2 Kroger Fruit Snacks $1
2 Oral B Stages toothbrushes $2.49
4 boxes of Special K cereal $2.99
2 bags of Dole Romaine Salad mix $0.50
2 Secret Deoderant/Antiperspirant $2.29
1 bag of peanuts $1
1 Wholly Queso $4.99
3 Wholly Salsa $3.29
2 Progresso Soups $1
2 Progresso Soups $1.48
1 Sesame Street Bath Fizzles $1
1 box of caprisun $1.78
1 pack of Splitz Yogurt $2.29
1 Greek yoplait yogurt $1.09
1 bottle of Cascade Complete $5.99

So Kroger is running their P&G deal, buy 4 proctor & gamble products, get $4 off. I immediately got $24 off.  I also try not to give the cashier my kroger plus card until the end because I like to see how much it would be.  I gave it to him about 1/2 way through.  My original total with my plus card was $116.  Then, $92 with the P&G deal....then I handed in all my coupons and my new total was $45.03.  My goal is to beat the Dollar Tree. I had a total of 48 items and spent $45.03.  That's an average of $0.94 per item...pretty good.  I had coupons for everything except the caprisun, peanuts, fruit snacks, bath fizzles, & salad.  All in all, a great day:)

I am trying to only buy things I need or will use.  However, having a stash of stuff is GREAT.  I cannot tell you the last time we've run out of a toiletry item.  A couple of weeks ago, L was out of deoderant so I went to the store and paid $2 for a stick of it. Ridiculous!!  I'm stocked up again and going to stay on top of it.  It definitely saves us in the long run.  And it's awesome to reduce my bill by 65%. I love that.

Wonder Woman was quite impressed so hopefully she'll jump on the bandwagon.  I used to think couponing was overwhelming and it can be.  But, if I keep my coupon book up to date, it's not.  I follow a few blogs that tell me the deals, I make my list, pull my coupons and I'm good to go:)

Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I miss Kroger!!! Our grocery stores don't double or triple coupons! (except Rainbow...but they only will do 5 coupons & it's only on Wednesdays and your total has to be at least $25 before coupons....so not worth it!)

Unknown said...

I am so impressed with what you accomplished & your blog today makes me want to get serious about using coupons. Thanks.
Odie

April said...

Oh, you are SO the woman. I'm on it. You know, I'm very competitive. It's my goal to save more than you!! I'm in!