Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Recap

Long blog....so, we painted Addy's room. I was at a play date at Xuan's (pronounced Swan) on Friday morning and she says to me, "When are you painting Keegan's room? Let's do it." So. we head over to our house, make a pit stop at 7-11 because it was free slurpee day, then start painting. We painted 1/2 of it completely and stopped. It was also free Chic-fil-a Day. So, we dressed all the kids in white and black and painted their faces with black spots to get free food...yes we're desperate. You might make fun of us but all 7 of us at for $3.02. Juan and Levi were both working...Levi reffed so it was just us and the kids. We finished Keegan's room Saturday and both rooms look GREAT. Xuan is awesome and a work horse. I always have fun chilling with her.

On Saturday morning we went over to the Penney's to hang out and see Emily's new swingset which is awesome. We had a great time with them. If you go to Catalyst and you haven't made a point to meet them, you are so missing out. What a delightful bunch!! Carla---Happy Birthday!

My parents and sister and niece drove in from Florida last night. It was great to have them at church today. I miss them so much. I'm really trying to enjoy the moment because my brain automatically thinks about how limited our time is and I don't want to miss out on enjoying them. We always have fun. An added bonus was that my aunt from Wichita was actually in Dallas for a funeral. We got to meet them for breakfast today. It was good for my dad to visit with his sister. Not that the funeral was a good thing but it was nice to get to see my aunt and uncle. My cousin lives outside of Dallas and works as an Equestrian Director. We were going to go see him (all of us) but instead my dad is just going to drive over and spend the day. My cousin lived with my parents for a bit after college and he and my dad really connected. They're both cowboys so they entertain each other. It will be good for both of them to hang out.

We had a great day at church today...we had some weird things going on with sound and we were missing a lot of our regulars. We still felt full which is a good thing. I can't wait till everybody is here (and done vacationing) to see how full it really feels.

We've got a busy week. We have swimming lessons at night and we start District Assembly which is a lot of meetings. I always like that because we see a lot of people around the area that we don't normally see.

Have a great week! I'll try to blog again but it will probably be after everything settles down.

No comments: