Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday

Have I told you about our van lately? Well, tomorrow marks 7 weeks that our van has been in the shop. Fortunately, at week 5, the guy gave us a loaner car...an EXPEDITION. It's huge and I love it but I do not love filling it up with gas. The bad part is that our van is at the "transmission" shop not at the mechanic where we left it. So, who knows when we'll get it back.

Today our friends, Caitlin & Brendai flew in to see us. I'm so proud of them, they're just great kids. It was fun seeing them react to Keegan & Addy and how much they've changed. It feels like normal being with them again....kind of like they just walked down the street. They were our neighbors in NC and they'd walk up or we'd walk down to watch tv or have dessert or just hang out. I'm glad they're here. We have lots of good memories from NC and they're some of them:)

Addy is in her second week of swim lessons. I am so proud of her. I seriously almost cried the first night I had to leave her with her teacher because she started puckering up like she might cry. Well, that was the end of that, once she hit the water, she's been like a fish. She has loved it. Tonight, I got there late because of band practice and she was riding her teacher's back playing the shark game. She bobs up and down and blows bubbles, floats on her back, and more. It's crazy. I love watching her because she loves it. About 2 weeks before her lessons, one day she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm putting my face in the water at swim lessons." I doubted her but she was right, she was determined and she has done it. She's getting to be so big.

No comments: