Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blessings

So this last week was good. It was busy but really good. We enjoyed dinner at some friends' house and had a new family over. It is so good to connect with people. I truly enjoy that. It is worth cleaning and straightening my house for it:) We are seeing so many new faces at Catalyst and I really want to get to know everybody so having them over helps. This weekend was pretty laid back. We had the Sprangs over to celebrate Jonathan's birthday. I love hanging out with them. They truly are our family and we have a very cool and unique relationship. They're awesome.

Saturday was kind of a crazy day. A friend of mine took Addy to a mutual friend's birthday party. Levi and I had to sit through an ordination interview. We went into a room with 10 or so pastors (most of them were older- no offense). I didn't know that I would be involved in this interview until late Thursday. I was a little nervous. Levi didn't prep me at all. I kind of just walked in blindly. They asked him to share his story and then they asked me to share mine. I tried to keep it brief. We were able to again tell people how we got here and the cool things that God has done along the way. It was a good reminder for me of how God truly has had His hand on us this whole time. They asked Levi a lot of different questions and I mainly just listened (I did put my two cents in a couple of times). It was neat to hear his answers. I'm so proud of him and what he's done here. The committee prayed for us which was moving. They told us how refreshing we were. I'm not saying that to brag. It was just really neat to be sitting in a room full of older pastors and to know that we are on the right track with what we're doing. I was humbled and proud all at the same time.

Saturday night we had our open house at Catalyst. The weather was chilly but we still had people come out. We actually had at least two families at church this morning that came last night for the first time. God's hand again:)

No comments: