Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Awful Day

So today was a bad day, the worst in a while. Yesterday was a crazy long day. I get up and go to a 5am turbo kick class on Tuesdays, head to Starbucks to meet a couple of girls for Bible Study, head to Walmart or home and get crack-a-lacking on the day. I headed home and began cleaning and picking up. It was my turn to do my background vocals for Fusion's cd. It was a lot of fun for me. It was also so cool to watch Bryan, the producer work his magic with all of his software and equipment. It was very cool. That was all day. Levi and I literally switched vehicles and I went my way, he took the kiddos.

I have a friend who invited me to her Clairol Makeover House Party. I knew I was going to go from recording to party and not have time to go home. Which I did and I had a blast. Those ladies are so incredible and I am so thankful for their friendship. We colored each other's hair, waxed eyebrows, and my friend cut our hair. It was awesome but I did not get home until....are you ready for this??? 3 AM....yes you read that correctly. And I head right to bed, exhausted...up for 22 hours straight...crazy I know.

And at about 5am, K wakes up. When he wakes up, I usually put him in bed with us. He NEVER goes back to sleep. So, I think it was around 7am before we got back to sleep. Addy slept late fortunately but it's not the same.

I go out to take some trash out and notice the DVD player's aren't on the headrests. Levi left the van unlocked last night. Apparently, someone broke into our van, stealing our DVD players and Levi's dad's radar detector. I have been really angry about it all day. I was mad that Levi left it unlocked and mad that someone would walk in my driveway, open my vehicle, and steal. It just truly infuriates me. I wish I could say that I took it in stride and realized this was just material stuff. I wish I could say I prayed for the thief. I did however, this was my prayer. "God, please punish whoever stole this stuff. Please make them miserable." I think they should pay for what they did and I want God to throw a lightning bolt or something at them. Isn't that awful?? I knwo God doesn't operate that way. I'm trying to have a better attitude about it all. It really hit me hard. I think part of it is because I'm functioning on 4 or 5 hours of sleep, if you know me at all, you know I really enjoy my rest. So anyway, it was a bad day. I was short with the kids and mad at Levi (who feels bad himself) and that is so NOT how I want to be. I would really like to be able to take things in stride.

I struggle with justice in all areas...not just with things being stolen. I want things to be fair and right and just. I struggle with injustice and favoritism. I wish life was just that way. I wish people operated that way. I know that's not realistic in all things but I hate it...truly I lose sleep over it and I tell people off in my head about it. I know, probably a little mental but true. Again, I'm functioning on very little sleep although I did nap when the kids did today. Maybe tomorrow I'll blog a little more coherently but I needed to get it out. Tomorrow is a busy day....doctor's appointments and National Day of Prayer service.....

That's me right now....

No comments: