Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today's Deals

were kind of frustrating. I think if most of my coupon adventures were like today, there would be one less coupon-er. I started at Walgreens...got my deal. The girl checking me out was really nice and tried to break up my deal so I could get more stuff but the cash register wouldn't let her so I put all my diapers together. I should have been able to get 4 packs of Huggies diapers for $8.99 each. I should have been able to use 4 $2 off manufacturer coupons (found in the paper or printables). I should have been able to use the $1 off Huggies from the WALGREEN's coloring book. This should automatically become as many packs of diapers that I bought. None of the shoulds happened and I left with nothing (except frustration). The manager told me that I couldn't stack the manufacturer coupon with their Walgreen coloring book coupon. I didn't argue...I just left. Later today, i stopped by another Walgreen's and did the deal...it went perfectly. I did spend $2-$3 more because I got juice that I needed instead of a $0.45 filler item.

Next I headed to Toys R Us to try to find Hullabaloo. The store was dirty. The signs were wrong. I was standing under a HUGE sign that said GAMES. I asked an employee were the games were, he walked me back to the complete opposite side of the store. He said they clearanced the game (whatever the heck that means). I stood in line at customer service to ask how I could find the game. Another lady "butted" line with a question (HELLO, that's what I was there for). They told her to get in line, she refused so they helped her. SO FRUSTRATING!! I left my cart with my 2 $4 games and left the store. Headed to the other walgreens and got the diaper deal. I think I paid $21 for 4 packs of diapers. I should probably do the caregivers rebate and get $3 back.

Then I headed for Target to do the Up & Monster's Inc movie deal. They were out of Monster's Inc. BUT I scored 3 tubs of wipes, 2 packs of GE lightbulbs, & 2 things of juice for $6...not bad:)

No comments: