Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Appreciation

Today our church celebrated pastor appreciation. We had a lunch after church. They went over and above with a generous love offering and some GREAT gift cards...woohoo!! As I walked away from that, I truly thought, "We are the lucky ones." We don't go to a traditional church. They don't know about pastor appreciation. I don't mean that in a bad way. If you don't shop at the Christian bookstore or Mardel's you don't get bombarded with those messages. So, for them to celebrate us means so much to me. I'm so thankful for our Catalyst people. I'm consistently amazed & blown away hearing their stories and living life with them. Thanks for loving us!!

Okay so my comment about Mardel's & Christian Bookstore...I just meant that most people who did not grow up in church or that do not shop at Mardel's wouldn't know that October is pastor appreciation month. You know how Mardel has the big sign that says it & it has the pastor appreciation cards everywhere?? That's what I meant:) Thanks Erik!!

No comments: