Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Monday, September 21, 2009

Love

I love a lot of things, let me list a few that are on my brain right now:

1. I love Catalyst. I love that I am a part of a church for nonchurchy people. I love that I can be who I am. I love that people are shocked when I tell them Levi is the Lead Pastor. I love that our people may not know that I'm the pastor's wife. I'm fine to go incognito on that fact.

2. I love www.catrow.tv. I love that when I'm back in The Lab, I can still get the teaching for the day and not feel like I've missed out....how cool is that. Okay, I'm just being me and this is my blog so don't be offended by my next comment. I love to watch myself singing on the web. I know narcissistic, whatever. I do...I like to critique myself. Lots of times, I find the negatives but I watched today from the service yesterday and I loved the song. It's like Ground Hog's Day (the movie) you can relive it over and over. I'm not being vain but I think it's cool.

3. I love that we're hosting a C Group at our house (actually 2-kind of). We've had the youth C Group here the last couple of weeks (we may rotate). I love having people in our home. I've come to terms that my house is my house, it's imperfect, it's not huge but it's our house and we love to have people fill it. We are who we are and I love that people accept us just for that.

4. I love the people at Catalyst. They consistently and constantly amaze me. Yesterday, we spent our ENTIRE day with CatRow FRIENDS, I loved every second of it. My morning started @ 9am at church and ended yesterday around 8:45 pm. I got to be around teens, kids, babies, and adults at some point yesterday and it was awesome. I love our people. I love that their hearts are accepting and they are mission minded and aren't just concerned for "their" church but their community and their world.

5. And just when you thought I was going all spiritual on you.... I love Dr. Pepper. Enough said:)

6. BTW, these aren't in order of importance...I love my kids. I love to hear them laugh and play together. I love it when they help each other. I love that they are kids and I want to be okay with letting them be kids. I fight the urge to feel like people are judging me because we're a pastor's family. We will not live in a glass house, we are normal and my kids are kids. I'm so okay with that.

7. I love Levi. He is a HUGE goober and drives me nuts some days but I love him and am in love with him. My life without him would be drab and lonely. I am thankful for his passion for God and the passion that he has to bring people to Christ (whether that be at Catalyst or not). I love that he is bold. I love that he teachers our kids to scare me, to laugh, to try new things. I love him.

8. I love God...I love that I serve a God who is bigger than what my brain can comprehend. That He loves me more than I can fathom. That he accepts me right where I am and that He seeks me out. I love that!

9. I love my family. I'm so thankful for my parents and sister. I'm so thankful that they instilled strong family values in me. I'm thankful that we were a priority. I'm thankful that my mom is super silly and bright all the time. I'm thankful that my Dad is accepting of people where they are without judgment and believes in always learning. I'm thankful for my sister, she will always be my BFF:)

10. I love my friends. God has always blessed me with good friends. I'm so thankful for all of them. I have learned so much from all of them and am glad for those relationships.

No comments: