Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fear

So, I've been thinking about fear today and how it paralyzes people. It's interesting to me that at times we are controlled by fear of what people think instead of being controlled by Christ. It's like we live up to people's expectations or wants instead of checking that with what God would have us do. Another thought I've been pondering today is living two lives, being one way with certain friends and completely different with others. I remember hearing a lot about that as a teenager and honestly even then, I couldn't handle living two lives. I would have slipped up. I am a pretty transparent person, which has it's faults too. I want to be one person. I think it's dangerous to play both sides of the fence and think that's okay. I've learned over the past couple of years that I have to live with the convictions that God has put in my heart and I can't worry about what others think.

No comments: