Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

We've had a good week. Monday we went to a playdate and in the afternoon I took the kids to "Wetzone" which is a city water park. They loved it. We had a great time. Tuesday we just chilled and stayed around the house....we did do our MANDO Walmart run which really wasn't mando at all. Levi took the kids to Sam's to finish our list while I went to band practice. I'm trying to do laundry...I hate letting it pile up but I always do that. Today I took Addy to a preschool/MDO program to tour it and see how we liked it. I liked it alot. It took us like 8 minutes to get there. Addy loved playing in the rooms. I think we're going to enroll her in the fall. It would give her a couple of days just doing her own thing. I think she needs that. She needs that challenge of learning and being with kiddos her own age. There is another church that I'd like to check out but it's about a 20 minute drive and with gas the way it is, that would add up pretty quickly. Bummer!! This one is good, it's just nice to have a referral, you know??

One a different note, we continue to see God's hand of provision on us. In case you haven't picked up on it, this transition to Dallas has been really tough on me. I am finally feeling some connections and it feels good. My Grandma sent me a devotional thought today about risks in faith. It basically said that God's timing is perfect and when things are hard and we can't see God's hand, He's still there. One of the scriptures was John 13:7, when Jesus said: “You do not realize now what I'm doing but later you will understand” (NIV). I want to have faith and be faithful. God has been so good to us and I am so thankful. It is almost laughable the things that have happened to us and the blessings that we've experienced. I mean, seriously, kind of uncanny. It's awesome though. But it's almost like I need to say to myself, "Why would you doubt? Why would you be discouraged?" And I'm not, I'm good right now. I feel like God is definitely working in our hearts and lives and the lives of people around us.

I want to be out in the community loving people, not so they'll come to our church but because I want to show them God's love. I've kind of slacked off and I need to pick it up. We're doing this one prayer series at church which has been awesome. I think my prayer for our specific church would be for our people to get out of our comfort zones and get in the community and build relationships. It's hard to do that but it's so worth it. I did that when we first got here because I needed to get to know people and my mommy group was awesome for me. I've gotten comfortable and somewhat complacent. I need to be a little more active in that and stretch myself. I also don't need to be afraid to invite people to church. They won't come if we don't invite and it's hard to invite without relationship. So, that'd be my prayer for myself and my church.

Have a great Wednesday!!

No comments: