follow me on Twitter

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Routine of Abnormalcy

I've learned that my life is not normal and to say I'm getting back into a normal routine just sounds silly. I talked to a friend today who I told I would call her 2 weeks ago and then emailed and told her I would call her Thursday. It's Saturday and she called me....yeah, I'm a jerk!! I even had every intention of calling her.  I've got to slow down and be more intentional about that kind of stuff. 

So, for the last 3 weeks have been CRAZY!!!  Here goes the breakdown.  Our band, Fusion, drove from Dallas to Adrian, Georgia.  Levi and the kids stayed with his parents.  It was great.  I love teenagers. They have an excitement and vigor and love of life that is contagious.  i love that...I think being with teens keeps you young (especially if they're not your kids-ha).  It was a fantastic week. I enjoyed being with the band.

I met up with the kids and drove down to Florida at the end of the week.  We stayed with my family in Florida for the next week and a half. I love being with my parents.  They live on 30 acres, they have 11 horses of their own and board another 20-ish.  It is so relaxing.  The cell signal is weak and they have dial up so it's a pain to get on the internet.  I LOVED IT!! Sometimes, it's great to be unplugged.  When we drove in town to my sister's I could check email, etc. So, if you tried to call or text or email and I ignored you, I'm sorry.  Both kids can now swim alone (we're working on technique now-wink).  We were in the pool 2 or 3 times a day which was awesome and fun.  They slept great too!!

While we were there, my sister had a HUGE kidney stone and had to have 2 surgical procedures.  Bad for her but she couldn't work so I got to see more of her which was great. My niece is growing like a weed and had so much with her too:)

My friend drove up from Miami on Tuesday evening.  We planned on leaving Wed. morning but got a crazy hair and decided to leave Tuesday night. So, at about 10 pm, we loaded all 5 kids up and left.  We talked until about midnight and i slept for an hour and a half. We stopped for gas. I grabbed 2 Monster drinks and I started driving.  We stopped for gas at about 6:30 or 7.  I seriously drove all night.  Any of you who know me, know that that is CRAZY for me. I love to sleep!! Those Monsters are AWESOME. It was nice for all the kids to be asleep during that part of the drive.  We got home at about 1pm.  I surprised El.  It is great to be home.

We've spent the last couple of days catching up on housework and bills and catching up on sleep.  Yesterday we spent the day as a Lowry Family Day. It was great just being with us and kind of shutting everything else out.  We need that.  I love my family and am so blessed with a wonderful husband and wonderful children!.

Today I went to a baby shower for a friend from church.  I love our church...seriously.  They are wonderful people and I missed them. We have 5 babies coming to us in the next 4 months.  The first was born this past week and the other 4 come September, October, & November.  I love sharing that part of life with people. It is a joyous time. 

So, I'm rambling now but I wanted to catch you all up on me.  Hope summer is going great for all of you!!

No comments: