Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Anxious Thoughts

have filled my head the past week or so.  I'm sure it's partially due to hormones (or almost fully if I'm being honest). I tend to carry things for others. And by things, I mean stress, worry, negativity, etc.  I'm not sure why I do that.    It could be anyone, it could be my husband, my kids, my best friend, my long lost friend, a neighbor, the girl at Walmart.  I will worry for anyone and over anything. And surely, I have better things to do right?!  I do, I know I do.  I find that my worrying goes in waves.  Sometimes I am very content to not worry but then other times, like the past week or so, my worry radar has been BLARING.  I'm trying to pray instead of worrying.  In the Bible it says don't worry but pray.  I'm trying to be more diligent and catch myself.  In hindsight, last week was a heavy week in our lives...not necessarily in our lives but in the lives of lots of people around us.  We are privileged (and I truly mean that) to love the people of our church and lots of people outside our church and it seems like a lot of our friends are struggling right now with major things.  I tend to take that on myself and hurt pretty deeply with and for them. I think part of that is just being the Body of Christ and living life with people. I love that and I wouldn't trade it for anything!!  So maybe for me to cope,  I worry and think about it way too much.  And it seems the more I worry, the more I realize I can do nothing about it and then that worries me too.  Ha!!  It's a vicious cycle. 

So, I continue to live life with my friends and I continue to trust that God has me right where He wants me.  And I will hopefully continue to go to Him instead of worrying. 

No comments: