Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Image Issues

Okay so I had an epiphany in church this morning. I was in the second service and mind you this was the second service and I was paying attention but zoned out for a few seconds and had a thought. I immediately wanted to blog it and seriously thought about doing so on my phone...unrealistic for me right??!! YES!!  So, I was thinking about body image.  Honestly, it doesn't consume me but I struggle with my weight. I want to eat what I want without thinking, counting, exercising, etc...kind of like the undisciplined if you can't tell.  That doesn't work for me.  About a week and a half ago, Levi and I started counting points (weight watchers system).  It seems to be the most balanced and easiest for us. I did great this week at writing it all down (in my phone) and really making good choices.  And even when I did make an alternative choice (not bad), I had the points. I exercised 3 times...need to do 5 but whatever!  So, I guess it's been on my brain more.  Now, let me also say, I'm happy with me. I don't look in the mirror and gag at myself.  I see a little more than I'd like in there.  I want to be healthy and I want that to be motivation, not the size of my clothes or the lbs on the scale.  Which brings me to this morning.  I was thinking about a friend who is a little overweight.   I was thinking about her comparing herself to others and then I thought, "when I look at her, I don't think about her weight.  It doesn't cross my mind."  And  I thought about it. I love her so when I look at her, her outward appearance doesn't phase me. I don't even think about it.  I love her because she's her.  She's funny, caring, compassionate, moody (takes one to know one), etc.  And then I got to thinking about God's love for me.  I sometimes put myself down or lessen my value (not about weight but about other things in my life).  God doesn't see that. He loves me for me.  He doesn't look at me and think about my shortcomings or struggles.  I love that!!

No comments: