Twitter

follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catch Up

wow, it has been a long time. Where to begin?? We got back from Florida and we had a great trip. We went to Orlando one day. We went to Sea World and then met my aunt and grandma for dinner. It was so good to see my Grandma. The kids had so much fun at Mom & Dad's. They swam every day (at least twice a day actually), they got to ride the horses whenever they wanted. They loved it and so did I. It was so nice to have Mom home. She let me sleep in and she did so much with the kids. It was so nice. She and I got to spend an afternoon together shopping & eating out. It was nice! I love and appreciate my parents so much. They are the most easy going, open people I know. I hate (I know that's strong) but I hate being so far from them. I wish I could merge my two worlds of Rowlett, TX and Newberry, FL or at least bring them closer together...16 hours in a car is TOOO far!! We had a great time with my sister and brother-in-law and niece too. The kids had a blast and so did I. The car ride there and back wasn't too bad either. Xuan and I split it up so we stopped in New Orleans on the way there and Mobile on the way back. The kids actually did great in the car.

It was great to be back with Levi, I felt complete again. We miss him when he can't go with us to Florida but it's always sweet to be back together as a family.

We got back to real life last week and it's been good. I missed my friends and so I've been trying to catch up with everybody. We had the Oakes family over last week and had a great time. I love having new people in my house and really getting to talk to them and hear their story. I think that's so important. This week we're having the Bloomers over (they're "old" friends but we haven't had them over since the Bloomettes were born). I'm excited about that:) We went shopping with them yesterday and they are so dadgum cute!! Addy was their babysitter, she did a good job:)

Yesterday was a heavy day for me, I caught up with a few different friends. They were all going through different issues but it was all sad and frustrating. I wish I could help more or know the magic words to say but I think listening and being there is what they need. I'm trying to be quiet and be a better listener, that's hard for me. I listened to a sermon this morning while I was on the treadmill about the Beattitudes. Is that how you spell that? It talked about blessed are those that mourn and how when we're called to the Christian life it will not be easy. I need to finish it because I feel like a lot of my friends are in "mourning" or hard times. Life is not easy and it is not fun and sometimes we don't feel hope and joy. I hate that. I feel like I'm in a pretty good place right now. And that's good, maybe I can offer more hope and joy.

I've gotten more serious about Weight Watchers. I go weigh in tonight so I will hopefully re-lose the 2 lbs I gained in Florida. We'll see.

This is random because I'm totally changing the subject again....I'm thankful for all my friends here. I have a few different networks and I'm thankful for every one of them. We have our Catalyst friends, I have my mommy group friends, and I have our other pastor friends. Each of those groups are so valuable to me. I am so so so thankful for them.

Okay, that's enough for now...thanks for reading, I think we're caught up:)

No comments: